Wednesday, September 9, 2015

A Bunch Of Grapes A Day..



If a bunch of grapes a day can keep the doctor away, then we are all set for a long and healthy life. Now that the grapes are ripe I regularly visit our almost barren backyard (read drought) to go to the little oasis at the far end hugging the backside fence. There I sit down and look up to a sea of grapes hanging down so enticingly. I carefully pluck one ready-to-eat bunch and proceed to finish it happily after removing the seeds and throwing them any which way. Come next spring I wouldn't be surprised if our backyard turns into a proper vineyard with all the seeds that are going in there now! H and I are very pleased about this sweet outcome of all his hard work. We wish they were seedless but apparently the ones with seeds are more organic than the seedless variety. Very yummy too!

No comments: